This recipe is sublime. And I'm not even exaggerating!
Also, risotto is easy.
Yes, you will need to stand at the hob for about 30-40 minutes or so - but that's what cbeebies was invented for. And Classic FM. And grannies, who may expect some risotto in payment for their short babysitting stint, if that's what it's come to.Ingredients Serves 2 1/2 as a main
350g arborio rice Tablespoon rapeseed or olive oil Knob of butter One onion - finely chopped One large clove of garlic, pressed 1200 ml very hot vegetable stock 2 rashers bacon Lettuce - about half a head roughly shredded Cup of frozen petit pois Herbes de Provence 1/2 teaspoon mint sauce, or some chopped fresh garden mint 75g Philadelphia
- Heat oil and butter in a wok or large heavy bottomed frying pan.
- When hot, add onion, bacon and garlic - fry until onion beginning to go transparent NOT BROWN.
- Add rice. Stir until every grain is coated, and beginning to go transparent too.
- Add a ladle of hot stock. Stir until it's absorbed.
- Repeat this step until you're left with about a ladle or 2 of stock and the rice tastes just a little chewy.
- Add mint, herbs, lettuce and peas. It will look like far too much lettuce, but it wilts down to nothing. You'll see!
- After 10 minutes, stir in Philly, and some black pepper.