- You can't be bothered to make a meal.
- You have hee haw Magraw in the cupboards.
- You have lost track of time, and the Wee Yin is starving. There's only so much emergency breadstick this Bairn can take!
All you needs eggs, and stuff! what I find TRULY BRILLIANT is frozen veg - those packets of peas, sweetcorn, tinily chopped carrots and peppers etc.
Small non-stick frying pan and olive oil 2 eggs for a baby/toddler Full fat milk Cheese Small veg - think peas, finely chopped and cooked anything really Maybe a potato or sweet potato.
- Cook your veg. I like to steam it - retains more vitamins that way.
- If using potatoes - leftovers are great, just dice them and fry them in the pan you're using for the frittata, until golden coloured. Otherwise, boil until tender in thin slices or finely diced, dry off (by leaving without water in a hot pan for a bit) and then fry up.
- So your potatoes and veg are fried up a little in olive oil - now sprinkle on grated cheese.
- Beat eggs and a splash of full fat milk in a jug.
- Pour over veggies in frying pan.
- Fry until bottom looks golden, top just cooked.
- If required, brown top off under the grill.
Sweet potatoes, peas and cheddar in ours...
For an adult version (too salty for the sprogs) fry some chorizo, red peppers and chilli in with your potatoes - maybe a bit of spinach or rocket in there too. The possibilities are practically endless!
Disclaimer - Some possibilities may be absolutely rank.