Monday 7 May 2012

Topic 5. My New IPad




Well this is it.

My new life as an iPad user/lover/addict. I imagine I'll now be encouraging my 6 month old son (hereafter and forthwith referred to as The Bairn) to nap more frequently and for longer. Perhaps I'll force him into several deep Waybuloo-induced sleeps per day. Bless him. In fact my partner (hereafter and forthwith referred to as The Other Half) has just held a very naked The Bairn aloft, and forced his chubby little arm into a pseudo militarial salute. I love them much, those guys!

Anyway I digress.

Did I mention I got an iPad for my birthday? Well I did. It's amazing. Did you know there's a voice recognition thing for it? Well there is! It's amazing.

As demonstrated by an over-enthusiastic The Other Half:

"Siri. Call Mam." OH
On screen - options to call several contacts beginning with M excluding my mother. How? I don't even know.

"Erm, ok, play Vampire Weekend."
Plays very quietly. Much smugness from The Other Half.
"Volume up" ......nothing.....
"VOLUME UP!".......nothing....
I turn it up manually.
"Well what do you think?" says he.
"I think it's crap" says I.

Mansard Roof (first song) cuts off and I KID YOU NOT on comes the 9th song...

I Stand Corrected. Is it just me, or is that a) quite funny, and b) brilliant?

Anyhoo, after further mucking about with voice recognition stuff that actually worked The Other Half says
"Siri. Close email."
"I don't understand anal" says iPad.

Technology's not all it's cracked up to be, eh?

Boom boom.


1 comment: