The recipe I'm adding here is from a magnificent website.
I've used this website for loads of things before. Mostly for inspiration, but also for advice on what's safe for babies to eat when. I think it's a US site, so guidelines are a little different to those in the UK - but I think it's really useful.
Ingredients 2 1/2 ripe mashed medium bananas 4oz currants or raisins 4oz Stork cooking margarine 8oz sifted self-raising flour 1/2 tsp cinnamon 1/4 tsp ground ginger 2 beaten eggs
- Pre-heat oven to 160 degrees C, line or grease a loaf tin.
- Rub marg into flour, cinnamon and ginger - until like breadcrumbs.
- Stir in eggs, currants/raisins and bananas.
- Bake for 45 mins to an hour (mine took 55 minutes) until top is golden and it's well risen.
- Wrestle those Marigold rubber gloves on. Spend ages trying to remove gloopy cooking mixture from bowl and wooden spoon. Just throw away the sponge. It's disgusting now. Yuck. Why is there always icky stuff to deal with after the creation of something so perfect?
- Sigh to self, and get on with it. Stop moaning. And make sure you get a slice before it cools! Mmmmmmmmmmmm.......